Mabu company history

1898

Establishment of the company "Maschinenfabrik Karl Burkard"

1919 Commencement of production of machinery for saddlery items
1948 Commencement of production of small eccentric bench presses
1959 Sale of Company by Karl Burkhard to engineer Karl Koch. Company name changed to "Maschinenfabrik Karl Burkard KG".
1961 Purchase of site for new company premises in Gablonzer Straße, Oberursel
1963 Move from Feldbergstraße 53 to the newly built company building at Gablonzer Straße 17. Elmar Koch becomes partner as from 02.02.1963.
1964 After qualifying as mechanical engineer, Elmar Koch starts working in the company.
1971 New company name as from 23.02.1971: mabu-pressen, Maschinenfabrik Karl Burkard KG.
Karl Koch retires from the position as personally liable partner and becomes silent partner. His son Elmar Koch follows him as general partner of the company.
1976 Karl Koch retires as partner of the company
1983 Company newly established as mabu-pressen GmbH on 01.01.1983.
Production and sale of the products of the holding company is leased to mabu-pressen GmbH.
1985 The old KG (partnership limited by shares) is deregistered because of lack of practising a trade. Transformation of the Company into a company constituted under civil law (BRG) without changing the internal conditions. Partners are Elmar Koch and Cäcilia Lekic.
Purchase of a further plot of land of 2.350 m2 in the adjoining road Pfefferstraße.
1998 26.06.1998: Celebration of 100 years existence of the mabu-pressen Company and 50 years of press production!
2000 Company name changed from mabu-pressen GmbH to mabu-pressen AG
2008 Sale of mabu-pressen AG to an investment group. New Chairman of Managing Board is Gregor Schmitt.
2011 mabu-pressen purchased by NSM-Magnettechnik GmbH, thus becoming a member of the international company M.A.X. Automation AG. As from April. 2011, the parent company of mabu-pressen AG is NSM.
2012 Company name changed from mabu-pressen AG to mabu-pressen GmbH